UPDATE (3/17/21): Parking reservations are no longer required.
Killington Resort has announced their plans for a required parking reservation system during the 2020 – 2021 ski season in an effort to limit capacity due to Covid-19 restrictions.
Under this plan, all guests who travel by car to the resort will be required to have a parking reservation in order to ski. (This includes those who are just dropping people off.) If you travel by shuttle, Bus or ski on/off property, you will not be required to have a parking reservation.
Parking reservations open on November 5 and allow anyone to make up to 7 days of advance reservations. You may do this for each member of your group, so for example, a family of four may have 28 advance parking reservation days. Once one of those days is used, you may make one additional advance reservation.
There will also be a seven day rolling window where you may make reservations for that immediate week based on availability. These reservations are unlimited within that timeframe.
Parking System/Process Highlights
- No Parking Needed, Just a Beast Pass: Those traveling by public transportation such as The Bus, who have ski in/ski off access or are lodging within walking distance of the resort do not need a parking reservation.
- Uphill: Once uphill travel routes open for the season, a parking reservation is not needed if you are parking outside the time, we are scanning for parking access – weekends and peak days we will begin scanning at 7:00 A.M.; mid-week (non-peak) we begin scanning at 8:00 A.M. If you are planning to up-hill travel during scanning operating hours, you will need to make a reservation
- Last Minute Spots: Additional inventory will be released prior to 9:00 A.M daily throughout the season. Other guests will also have the ability to change or cancel reservations which could open up inventory.
- Drop Offs: if you are planning to drop someone off at the resort a parking reservation is required to access the various drop off zones that we have around the resort.
- Car Info: You must reserve with your name, email and license plate. Once you pick up your rental car, please plan to update your reservation with the rental car license plate information before arriving to the resort (Rose Note: this to me means wait to update the reservation if you don’t know who’s driving that day)
- What You Can Reserve: You are able to book up to seven advance days throughout the season and an unlimited number of days in the rolling 7-day window immediately following the current date (Notes: a few things here, 1. reserve 7 busy days ASAP 2. Once you use those days hurry up and get other future days so you always have 7 advance days in the bank 3. Be smart about the 7 day window, so if you know you want next Friday get on the app when you wake up the Friday prior to grab it now that it’s in the window 4. Rinse & repeat)
- (Thanks to @Rose in the Killington Locals+ group for this summary.)
We highly recommend making your reservation for parking tomorrow (November 5) when this program launches in order to secure your desired dates. More details on this plan can be found on the Killington website and their FAQ does a good job of explaining all the intricacies of this system.
Guest staying at our properties with a shuttle or within walking distance will not need a reservation unless they plan to travel by car. Private shuttles and The Bus schedules are still being planned at this time.
Please let us know in the comments if you have any questions and we’ll try and answer them.